Sunday, May 20, 2007

There is Absolutely No Honor in This

I read something absolutely despicable yesterday. I had heard of honor killings before but watching the video of it brought out a whole new level of disgust. Are the gaps between different cultures really that far apart in this day and age? What kind of human beings live in a society where it is alright to murder a young woman for as little as walking down the street with a man of a different religion?

And I'm not sure which is worse, the people that actually killed her or those who stood around and watched as if it was completely normal. At some point my tolerance for the hatred and ignorance in this world reaches a boiling point. If these honor killings were the worst the world had to offer then I suppose it would be easier to have a bright outlook. But of course they are just the tip of the iceberg. Atrocities like this happen every single day with hardly a moment's notice from the Western World. Darfur is, of course, the perfect example.

I guess there is no real point to this blog other than to vent my frustrations at something I can't begin to control.

No comments: